Careers with SimpleCitizen
Join our team, working to empower immigrants around the world to find new opportunities, start new adventures, and bring their families together, by achieving the American dream and saving millions of dollars in unnecessary legal fees.View Open Positions
Backend Engineer | Full-Time
Salt Lake City, UT | On Site
Founded in 2014, SimpleCitizen is a digital immigration & visa solution designed to streamline the pathway to citizenship. As the only truly comprehensive solution, its straightforward process takes applicants from signup to completion, while saving them time & money along the way. Every day, the team works to help people find new opportunities, start new adventures & bring their families together.
We are looking for a backend software engineer to assist in implementing & maintaining the wide variety of features in our digital immigration web application. We mainly use Python 3 & Django, but we’re looking for anyone with solid experience in a modern web framework.
- Assist structuring backend projects & apps
- Design & implement new software features to support our frontend SPA
- Implement API features
- Iterate on updates in tandem with frontend & product teams
- Help build & lead the backend engineering team with good technical leadership/mentorship
- Adapt & learn new technologies
- 3+ years experience with software engineering
- Solid experience & understanding of Python
- Experience with modern web API frameworks (Django/Flask)
- Strong knowledge of databases
- Demonstrated ability to model relational data
- Experience with version control systems (preferably git)
- Basic understanding of industry security practices
- Experience with Django
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience with CI/CD tools & processes
If you would like to apply for the position, simply click the following link & complete the application process through our hiring portal.