Careers with SimpleCitizen - Information Security Manager
Join our team.View Other Positions
Help us empower immigrants around the world to find new opportunities, achieve the American dream, & save millions of dollars in unnecessary legal fees.
Information Security Manager | Full-Time
Salt Lake City, UT | Remote
Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people & companies by transforming what are often manual & cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant & the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration & mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes & easy access to data & information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence & citizenship at a fraction of the cost & time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate & superb customer reviews & NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve taken that same attitude & innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space & just recently joined Fragomen—the largest & leading immigration law firm & services provider in the United States & around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance & support & has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen’s professionals are recognized as the world’s preeminent immigration practitioners & thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing & a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology & our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we’ll need the help of the best people in product, design & engineering.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an Information Security Manager to help guide teams in implementing the controls, policies, & processes in our information security management system. This will involve strengthening, maintaining & extending the security controls & processes we have in our organization, product, & software development lifecycle. Your work will greatly impact the value & trust we can deliver to our customers & partners.
- Maintain & continually improve SimpleCitizen’s Information Security Management System in coordination with our partners & the rest of the organization
- Coordinate on compliance & certification initiatives for various standards & regulations (PCI, ISO27001, SOC2, etc. & GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Coordinate with Product, HR, Legal, Marketing, IT, & Customer Support teams to empower them to maintain SimpleCitizen security standards
- Assist in maintaining our risk management program
- Assist in maintaining security of current network & product infrastructure
- Assist devops in maintaining our deployed application environments
- Assist in maintaining our secure SDLC
- Assist with third-party penetration testing & audits
- Work with teams to ensure security monitoring & logging systems are effective & working
- Lead the charge on ensuring technical security compliance across our organization
- Staying on top of security related industry news & topics
- Promote a security focused mindset across the whole team
- Help conduct security awareness trainings
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Strong understanding & experience with web application security concepts
- Experience identifying & protecting web applications
- Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Knowledge & understanding of risk models
- Knowledge of common industry certifications/standards/compliance (SOC I/II, ISO 27001, GDPR, etc.)
- Industry certifications (CISSP, CCSP, CISA, etc.)
- AWS experience & certifications
- Experience with backend or frontend web frameworks (Django, Ruby on Rails, Angular, Ember, React, etc)
If you would like to apply for the position, simply click the following link & complete the application process through our hiring portal.