Careers with SimpleCitizen - Backend Software Developer - Integrations Team
Join our team.View Other Positions
Help us empower immigrants around the world to find new opportunities, achieve the American dream, & save millions of dollars in unnecessary legal fees.
Backend Software Developer - Integrations Team | Full-Time
Salt Lake City, UT | Remote
Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people & companies by transforming what are often manual & cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant & the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration & mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes & easy access to data & information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence & citizenship at a fraction of the cost & time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate & superb customer reviews & NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve taken that same attitude & innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space & just recently joined Fragomen—the largest & leading immigration law firm & services provider in the United States & around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance & support & has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen’s professionals are recognized as the world’s preeminent immigration practitioners & thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing & a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology & our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we’ll need the help of the best people in product, design & engineering.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a backend software developer with passion for & experience working with enterprise systems/software to join our growing integrations team. The position involves supporting our integrations platform as well as collaborating with integration/technical teams & with our community of partners & clients to accomplish their goals. We mainly use Python 3 & Django on the backend today, but we’re looking for anyone with proficient experience in a modern web framework.
- Be familiar with the lifecycle of the SimpleCitizen software in our customer’s & partner’s organizations
- Understand user requirements & integration solutions
- Build features that assist in migrating data from legacy systems
- Build features that assist in keeping data synced with partner systems
- Build features that help clean & validate data from other sources/APIs/databases
- Coordinate with Business Intelligence teams
- Work in tandem with the rest of the engineering team to build out new integration modules/features
- Implement new internal & external API features
- 4+ years experience with software development
- Knowledge of common API formats REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with modern web API frameworks (Django/Flask/Rails/etc)
- Experience with managing customer exposed APIs
- Experience with managing API versions & roadmap
- Experience with version control systems (preferably git)
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Basic understanding of industry security practices
- Experience with API middleware tools like Mulesoft, SnapLogic, Boomi, etc.
- Experience with Django
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience with CI/CD tools & processes
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability insurance
- 401(k) with partial match
- Visa Sponsorship
- Fully Remote Workplace
- Parental leave
- Unlimited PTO
If you would like to apply for the position, simply click the following link & complete the application process through our hiring portal.