Careers with SimpleCitizen - Cinematographer
Join our team.View Other Positions
Help us empower immigrants around the world to find new opportunities, achieve the American dream, & save millions of dollars in unnecessary legal fees.
Cinematographer | Full-Time
Salt Lake City, UT | Hybrid
Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people & companies by transforming what are often manual & cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant & the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration & mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes & easy access to data & information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence & citizenship at a fraction of the cost & time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate & superb customer reviews & NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve taken that same attitude & innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space & just recently joined Fragomen—the largest & leading immigration law firm & services provider in the United States & around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance & support & has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen’s professionals are recognized as the world’s preeminent immigration practitioners & thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing & a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology & our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we’ll need the help of the best people in product, design & engineering.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a storyteller, a cinematographer & editor who is passionate, capable & excited about collaborating with a team to bring immigrants stories to life through a short form series that will be published across social platforms weekly. The ideal candidate will bring a unique perspective to guide & inspire the vision of SimpleCitizen.
Please provide your resumé & a link to your website or reel.
- Oversee & monitor all original video content at SimpleCitizen & work with the creative team to maintain the aesthetic goals for SimpleCitizen
- Collaborate with the creative team leading-up to film days & while on-set, this includes planning & executing pre & post production
- Creating multimedia digital storytelling videos using stills, graphics, animation, sound effects, narration, captions, subtitles, & music
- Planning & scheduling shooting; determining equipment needed; advising customers on any foreseeable pitfalls & suggesting strategies or techniques to overcome challenges; to best capture the required video footage; being responsible for packing, moving, loading, transporting & setting-up of equipment to & from the production site
- Videography, camera operation & staging of appropriate lighting; scouting & securing locations; post-production, including editing, mixing sound, creating graphics & digital animation using digital animation software
- Technical proficiency & knowledge of camera, lenses & film equipment as well as proven expertise in executing shorts, docs & video content
- Knowledge of interview, documentary & narrative styles
- Experience in post production skills, like editing, sound mixing, & color grading
- An understanding of creative storytelling through the moving image, & ability to capture both context & subtext through writing, shooting & editing
- 3+ years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead & meet deadlines
- Deep understanding of pressing topics for diverse cultures & communities in the immigration space
Good to have, but not required:
- Knowledge & experience with motion graphics & After Effects
- Extensive technical knowledge of sound engineering & multimedia
If you would like to apply for the position, simply click the following link & complete the application process through our hiring portal.