Careers with SimpleCitizen - DevOps Engineering Manager
Join our team.View Other Positions
Help us empower immigrants around the world to find new opportunities, achieve the American dream, & save millions of dollars in unnecessary legal fees.
DevOps Engineering Manager | Full-Time
Salt Lake City, UT | Remote
Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people & companies by transforming what are often manual & cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant & the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration & mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes & easy access to data & information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence & citizenship at a fraction of the cost & time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate & superb customer reviews & NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve taken that same attitude & innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space & just recently joined Fragomen—the largest & leading immigration law firm & services provider in the United States & around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance & support & has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen’s professionals are recognized as the world’s preeminent immigration practitioners & thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing & a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology & our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we’ll need the help of the best people in product, design & engineering.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help build out & grow several product engineering teams. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering as you grow & enable these teams to do their best work.
- Prioritize & manage DevOps projects & tasks
- Help & guide engineers on their career paths
- Participate in recruiting functions like interviewing, outreach, & onboarding
- Conduct 1 on 1s & goal setting meetings with engineers
- Contribute & help decide on engineering processes & policies (mostly through our engineering handbook)
- Help plan for future hiring needs
- Participate in technical decisions
- Facilitate effective communication within & outside of the engineering organization
- Plan team building activities & culture initiatives
- Occasionally step in on development tasks when required
- Assist in code review
- Assist in technical architecture & design
- 6+ years relevant work experience
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience managing teams as a team lead or engineering manager
- Experience with recruiting
- Strong understanding and experience with web application concepts
- Software engineering experience
If you would like to apply for the position, simply click the following link & complete the application process through our hiring portal.