Careers with SimpleCitizen - Graphic Design Intern
Join our team.View Other Positions
Help us empower immigrants around the world to find new opportunities, achieve the American dream, & save millions of dollars in unnecessary legal fees.
Graphic Design Intern | Part-Time
Salt Lake City, UT | On-Site
Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people & companies by transforming what are often manual & cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant & the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration & mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes & easy access to data & information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence & citizenship at a fraction of the cost & time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate & superb customer reviews & NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve taken that same attitude & innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space & just recently joined Fragomen—the largest & leading immigration law firm & services provider in the United States & around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance & support & has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen’s professionals are recognized as the world’s preeminent immigration practitioners & thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing & a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology & our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we’ll need the help of the best people in product, design & engineering.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a part-time graphic design intern to join our Creative Design team & work on-location in our Salt Lake City office. This position primarily involves helping to maintain, update, & organize many of our brand asset designs, such as packaging, stationary, presentation layouts, signage, iconography, web & social media marketing items & many other exciting creative projects. The internship will have direct reporting to the VP of Creative, offering a unique opportunity to see the high level needs of a fast growing company, as well as the chance for growth & mentorship from someone with 15+ years of experience.
- Gain familiarity with the SimpleCitizen brand, along with our two partnering brands – Fragomen & UtahDACA.
- Collaborate directly with our VP of Creative.
- Help in the organization of both new & existing brand assets & libraries.
- Contribute to the design process of creative projects & brand updates.
- Interdepartmental collaboration to help fulfill smaller design/editing tasks such as quick photo editing, in-app image examples, asset delivery, etc.
- Grow your own skill set, learn new tricks, & have fun.
- Availability to work in our Salt Lake City office about 20 hours per week throughout the internship.
Qualifications & Skills
- Interest in graphic design (print & digital) & brand management.
- Effective teamwork & communication skills.
- The ability to think creatively in order to solve problems & convey messaging.
- People-focused design mentality.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Robust experience & knowledge with Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Familiarity with InDesign.
- Desire to hone design instinct & abilities through feedback & collaboration.
Not Required, but Nice to Have.
- Familiarity with web interface design & tools, such as Figma, XD, or Sketch.
- Familiarity with frontend development tools, such as HTML & CSS, or others.
- Familiarity with video editing & animation.
- Enthusiasm for designs specific to newer mediums of media – web-interactive, mobile, VR, etc.
- An understanding/tolerance for bad jokes & obscure movie references.
If you would like to apply for the position, simply click the following link & complete the application process through our hiring portal.