Careers with SimpleCitizen - IT Support Specialist
Join our team.View Other Positions
Help us empower immigrants around the world to find new opportunities, achieve the American dream, & save millions of dollars in unnecessary legal fees.
IT Support Specialist | Full-Time
Salt Lake City, UT | On-Site
Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people & companies by transforming what are often manual & cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant & the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration & mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes & easy access to data & information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence & citizenship at a fraction of the cost & time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate & superb customer reviews & NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve taken that same attitude & innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space & just recently joined Fragomen—the largest & leading immigration law firm & services provider in the United States & around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance & support & has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen’s professionals are recognized as the world’s preeminent immigration practitioners & thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing & a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology & our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we’ll need the help of the best people in product, design & engineering.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a technical support specialist to help assist with day-to-day internal support tasks originating from both technical & non-technical teams within SimpleCitizen. Strong interpersonal skills are essential as this role will require regular interaction with other SimpleCitizen employees working through issues or handling requests. The ability to follow (and help produce) documentation & scripts that consistently lead to issue resolution & timely request completion.
- Investigating & resolving compliance issues
- Managing data privacy requests
- Troubleshooting common customer issues accounts
- Troubleshooting & reproducing technical issues end-users face
- Troubleshooting equipment issues
- Ordering equipment for SimpleCitizen employees
- Opening & tracking support tickets with vendors
- Troubleshooting VPN / Network issues
- Setting up accounts / configuring devices
- Assisting with rolling out required software & associated updates
- 3 years of tech support or help-desk experience
- Working knowledge of GDPR
- Attention to detail & good problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with common communication platforms (Teams, Slack, Gmail, Outlook, etc)
- Video conferencing experience (Zoom, Google Meets, etc)
Not Required but Nice-to-Haves
- Associate’s Degree (or equivalent) in an Information Technology related field
- Experience with Intercom
- General familiarity with OWASP principles & concepts
- Experience with CLI tools & *nix shells
- Familiarity with OS X/macOS
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience dealing with Apple support
If you would like to apply for the position, simply click the following link & complete the application process through our hiring portal.