Careers with SimpleCitizen - Sr. Product Designer - Platform Experience
Join our team.View Other Positions
Help us empower immigrants around the world to find new opportunities, achieve the American dream, & save millions of dollars in unnecessary legal fees.
Sr. Product Designer - Platform Experience
Salt Lake City, UT | Remote
Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people & companies by transforming what are often manual & cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant & the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration & mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes & easy access to data & information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence & citizenship at a fraction of the cost & time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate & superb customer reviews & NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve taken that same attitude & innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space & just recently joined Fragomen—the largest & leading immigration law firm & services provider in the United States & around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance & support & has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen’s professionals are recognized as the world’s preeminent immigration practitioners & thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing & a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology & our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we’ll need the help of the best people in product, design & engineering.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a senior product designer to join our case management product team. Here you will spend time working with our customers’ HR & immigration support employees to understand their needs & convert insights into world class experiences. The case management experience includes web applications where administrators can manage applicants & their cases, & gain access to the information & reporting they need to manage the immigration program & make critical decisions. We’re proud of what we’ve built so far, but there is still much work to do to further automate the immigration process, making information even easier to access & scale our platform globally.
What excites you
- Giving people more control over & transparency into their immigration processes
- Commitment to discovery & customer research to truly understand customers, their problems & what they value most
- A fast-paced, customer focused & product-minded culture that moves rapidly from planning & research to prototyping, building & shipping amazing products
- Thinking outside the box & forging new paths & approaches in order to leap ahead of the conventional & incumbent thinking
- Closely collaborating with engineering, product management, & business teams on the products we build, from definition to delivery
- Contributing to our design culture through collaboration & active sharing & receiving feedback
- Partnering with other designers to establish & evolve design systems to bring uniformity across all our products & platforms
What excites us
- Being a tireless advocate for users & user-centered processes
- Problem solvers with a great eye for detail & stellar innovative thinking
- An avid story-teller, skilled in effectively communicating process & design decisions with an understanding for business impact
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating strong product design sensibilities & experience in conducting user research, defining customer journeys, prototyping with users, & drawing insights
- 5+ years of work experience with focus on product design & user experience across both web & mobile platforms. Prior experience designing & shipping software experiences is a must
- Proficiency with industry standard tools for prototyping & visualizing your ideas
- Able to clearly communicate concepts & designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, & prototypes
- Able to work independently combined with strong collaboration skills
- Previous experience designing for legal technology or other complicated user workflows is a plus but not a requirement
If you would like to apply for the position, simply click the following link & complete the application process through our hiring portal.