Careers with SimpleCitizen - Sr. Software Developer - Projects Team
Join our team.View Other Positions
Help us empower immigrants around the world to find new opportunities, achieve the American dream, & save millions of dollars in unnecessary legal fees.
Sr. Software Developer - Projects Team | Full-Time
Salt Lake City, UT | Remote
Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people & companies by transforming what are often manual & cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant & the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration & mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes & easy access to data & information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence & citizenship at a fraction of the cost & time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate & superb customer reviews & NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve taken that same attitude & innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space & just recently joined Fragomen—the largest & leading immigration law firm & services provider in the United States & around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance & support & has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen’s professionals are recognized as the world’s preeminent immigration practitioners & thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing & a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology & our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we’ll need the help of the best people in product, design & engineering.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a generalist software developer to be a part of our Projects Team. This team works across product & engineering teams to prototype, define, & plan out delivery of projects that fit outside of our normal product development lifecycle. You may be a good fit for this role if you’ve been seen as a “swiss-army knife” type developer engineer with good breadth of knowledge across technologies. At the same time the expectations for this role to deliver value to internal & external users will be high.
- Work with product & engineering teams to understand the industry & technical context of the products SimpleCitizen delivers
- Encourage, distill, & organize innovative ideas across the company & its partners
- Prepare formal documentation for projects & initiatives
- Quickly prototype & prove out solutions
- Assist in planning production development & deployments of projects
- Work with other cross functional teams to deliver solutions for our internal & external end-users
- Meet with end-users in conjunction with product team efforts
- Communicate & inform engineering leadership
- 5+ years experience with software development
- Experience with developing web application software
- Experience with a breadth of technologies
- Familiarity with production usage of ML/AI
- Track record of delivering production solutions
- Ability to communicate & distill ideas across interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to work autonomously
If you would like to apply for the position, simply click the following link & complete the application process through our hiring portal.