Careers with SimpleCitizen - UX Design Researcher
Join our team.View Other Positions
Help us empower immigrants around the world to find new opportunities, achieve the American dream, & save millions of dollars in unnecessary legal fees.
UX Design Researcher | Full-Time
Salt Lake City, UT | Remote
Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people & companies by transforming what are often manual & cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant & the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration & mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes & easy access to data & information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence & citizenship at a fraction of the cost & time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate & superb customer reviews & NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we’ve taken that same attitude & innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space & just recently joined Fragomen—the largest & leading immigration law firm & services provider in the United States & around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance & support & has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen’s professionals are recognized as the world’s preeminent immigration practitioners & thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing & a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology & our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we’ll need the help of the best people in product, design & engineering.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a driven, organized, & passionate UX Researcher to join our growing team & help with the way we design our products through user research, feedback, testing, & validation. We’re looking for someone who can talk to our users & help guide our teams in delivering software that will improve the lives of people all around the world.
If you are an individual that wants to make a difference & cares about designing delightful user experiences, we want to talk to you! We have ambitious aspirations & are looking for the right people to help us reach our goals.
- Define & drive user data gathering efforts to effectively inform planning, design, & development of our product.
- Regularly present work to the design team, product team, & other stakeholders.
- Stay up to date on research methods, trends, & tools
- Work cross-functionally with groups across the company to ensure our product teams make user-centric, data-driven decisions.
- Build & maintain a research roadmap & a regular cadence of gathering user data
- Help product teams stay focused by advocating for users.
- Inspire the company at all levels to gather better user data & to act on it appropriately.
- 5+ years experience leading user research projects with demonstrated impact.
- Full spectrum experience with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting.
- Hands-on experience with qualitative & quantitative research methods.
- Experience testing on a variety of devices, including mobile & desktop.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly & persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of an organization.
- Proven track record of leading research & collaborating with other teams to discover insights, identify unmet needs, & craft better products.
- Exceptional at empathic listening, perceiving users’ needs, delivering an unbiased view of users, & translating user insights into action items for product teams.
- Knowledgeable about usability & principles of effective design.
- Passion for understanding what drives user behavior & a love for diving into complex user research problems.
- Experience working closely with UX Design, Product, & Engineering teams on gathering & implementation of research recommendations.
Benefits of Working at SimpleCitizen:
There are many organic benefits of working for a social impact organization & everyone at our company finds a deep sense of joy through their alignment with one another, as well as with our company mission & vision. It is our top priority to ensure that while our employees are making a difference in the world, we can make a difference in theirs. We hope that by providing our employees with benefits they want & feel empowered by, we can give them the support they need to excel in their professional & personal lives. Below is a short list of just a few of our favorite benefits at SimpleCitizen.
- Unlimited PTO
- DEI Centered Work environment
- Up to 17 Weeks Parental Leave
- Full Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Wellness & Development Stipends
If you would like to apply for the position, simply click the following link & complete the application process through our hiring portal.